Q & A
- Ottawa, Ontario
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- I think some of the biggest would be water pollution and security. Food security. Habitat degradation for agricultural purposes. Single-use plastics.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- My expectations going into this program will be to learn a lot of valuable skills I can apply to my future career as well as the hands-on skills during fieldwork placements. I’m also looking forward to the networking opportunities.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- As a kid I was always outside. I was lucky to have parents that always took us on adventures all the time and my favourite memories were always associated with being outside. As I got older I started to understand the threats to Canadian wildlife. I knew I wanted to be working outside with plants and animals.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- Bear Grylls because I would absolutely question all his practices.
My Experience So Far