Q & A
- Conestogo, Ontario
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- Deforestation. I don’t think people understand the impact it has on wildlife, humans and our planet. I have also become aware of plastic pollution, especially in our oceans. I have started to live a more sustainable life and to minimize plastic consumption.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- I hope to combine my knowledge in recreation with new learned knowledge of conservation. I hope through meeting individuals and through placement opportunities I am able to find where in conservation my passion lies.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- I have always loved the outdoors and it has helped me become a happier person. I have always wanted to share with others what it has done for me.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- I would love to have tea with Jane Goodall and Leonardo DiCaprio. They both have played a huge role in advocating change and have a passion for the environment. I would love to hear what their thoughts are on how we can find solutions.
My Experience So Far