- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- Wildlife conservation. I’ve always been interested in animals. Having dabbled a little in the field, it caught on very quickly and I knew it was something I wanted to get involved in.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- I’m expecting to learn a lot, and meet a lot of great people and make new connections.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- I’ve always had an obsession with nature. That passion has made me want to conserve nature ever since I was small.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- Austin Stevens. This is the man who solidified my obsession with nature and animals through his brief TV series on Discovery Channel. If this was 12 or more years ago I’d definitely say Steve Irwin.
My Experience So Far
Rambling Through the Rocky Mountains
The group dubbed “The Mountain Goats” will enjoy a challenging journey of self-discovery and exploration, hiking through the terrain of the spectacular Canadian Rocky Mountains. They will travel distances each day, sharing responsibilities including campsite management, cooking, navigation and group leadership as they follow the footsteps of inspired artists and adventurers, seekers and sages. This is more than learning the technical skills of backpacking – this is an adventure designed to illustrate why the wilderness environment is the best teacher.