Q & A
- Ottawa, ON
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- Plastic pollution and over consumption.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- I expect to grow in incredible ways and learn life-changing skills. I know there will be many challenges along the way that will test my resilience, teamwork abilities and inner strength.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- As an avid nature lover and outdoor enthusiast, I have had the privilege of engaging with Canada’s wildlife on a first-hand basis from a young age. I have watched bats fill the night sky at my cottage and contrast it to their now empty presence. I have seen invasive species alter my lake’s appearance and watched chemicals and shampoos used by local cottagers change the water’s PH levels. After experiencing first-hand the harmful change that is occurring in the natural world, this has inspired me to act and to aid conservation efforts in our backyards.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- Emma Watson. From a young age I grew up watching her. Today, in the real world, the girl I once looked up to for her role as a fictional character has become someone true to her character, with an inspiring passion to change the world and lead girls’ education around the world.
My Experience So Far