Rules and Regulations
To participate in the Water’s Worth It! video challenge you make a short 60-second video about why you think “water is worth it”, and submit it to us online.
If you are under 18, you will need the express consent of a parent or guardian to complete your submission.
To be eligible, all entries must be submitted online not later than 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight on June 30, 2012.
Anyone physically residing in Canada is eligible to enter the challenge.
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this challenge.
You may create and submit your video as an individual, a group (e.g. group of friends, co-workers, family, class, etc.), or as a school. However, only one prize package will be awarded per group or team.
When you submit your video, you and/or your parent/guardian will be required to sign a video release, consent and indemnity form.
No single participant, group, or team may submit more than three (3) entries.
Making a Water’s Worth It! video:
CWF and the Water’s Worth It! challenge organizers reserve the right to revoke prizes and discredit challenge participants and ostensible winners if and when it is discovered and determined that a submitted video was not entirely original. As such, all entries, including any still images, music and video clips, that comprise the submitted video, must be entirely original. Whether intentional or not, claiming credit for someone else’s work (plagiarism) is a serious violation of copyright law.
Your video must have a “water is worth it” theme (such as “ 3 Ideas to Help Avoid Polluting the Lake Near my Cottage”, for example).
You can make your video by simply using your phone or video camera. You do not have to use any professional equipment to make your video.
Make sure your video is exactly sixty (60) seconds in length.
Upon completion, your video must be uploaded to YouTube, and a challenge entry form must be filled at RiverstoOceans.ca.
Once submitted, your video will appear in a public submissions gallery and will be voted on by popular vote starting _____July 1, 2012.
Submitted videos will be reviewed by an internal committee for a period of time to determine compliance with rules and regulations prior to being released for public viewing. In addition to compliance with all rules and regulations, and prevailing law generally, all video content submitted for consideration must be deemed by our Water’s Worth It! challenge committee as being appropriate for general public consumption. We reserve the unreviewable right to reject any submission that we deem unsuitable in this regard.
Submissions will be judged by popular vote and the winner in each category will receive a special Water’s Worth It! prize package. Canadian Wildlife Federation supporters, friends, family, fellow video challenge participants, and anyone else can visit www.RiverstoOceans.ca__________________ and cast a vote for their favourite water video. The video with the most votes will be declared a winner and announced on ________July 15__________________________ , 2012.
Each person voting will be able to cast one vote for one video in each of the three categories (individual, group, school).
Video Release, Consent and Indemnity
By submitting an entry in this challenge, each of the undersigned irrevocably acknowledges, represents, certifies, and warrants to The Canadian Wildlife Federation, its officers, directors, employees, agents, members, and assigns (collectively “CWF”), each of the following statements, as may be applicable:
1. The video image of each of the undersigned (or of the minor child(ren) of the undersigned parent(s) or guardian(s), as the case may be) appears in the original video (“video”) created, choreographed, and filmed by, or at the direction or awareness of, one or all of the undersigned, for the sole purpose of submitting the video for meritorious consideration in the Canadian Wildlife Federation’s Water’s Worth It! video challenge (“the event”), and for no other or improper purpose.
2. The video submitted for consideration is entirely original in its form and content. Any similarities or resemblances to pre-existing works of others, in whole or in part, are unintended and coincidental, and were occasioned, if at all, oblivious to pre-existing works of others.
3. By signing this release, consent and indemnity form (“Release”), the undersigned accepts all legal responsibility for the actions, inactions and conduct of the child(ren) and/or charges for whom the undersigned is accountable in respect of all aspects of the video and the event in general, including without limitation copyright breaches and acts of plagiarism. The undersigned therefore indemnifies and holds CWF completely harmless for all loss, damages, costs and claims whatsoever brought against it on account of the actions, inactions or conduct of the person(s) for whom the undersigned in responsible.
4. Subject to article 5 below, no individual appearing in the video, whether a minor or an adult, appears without his or her awareness, knowledge, approval and informed consent, and each such individual (or in the case of a minor appearing in the video, his or her parent or guardian executing this Release on behalf of minor child(ren)) is bound by this Release.
5. Where an individual appearing in the video was actually or ostensibly oblivious to his or her image having been recorded on the video, whether a minor or an adult, said individual’s appearance in the video is either unintended, incidental or unavoidable, and in any and all such events each of the undersigned, jointly and severally, indemnifies and holds harmless the CWF in respect of any and all claims for damages and loss, howsoever incurred, whether financial or physical, together with all legal costs related thereto, such individual (or the parent(s) or guardian(s) of such individual who is a minor) may pursue against the CWF on account of the unauthorized appearance of his or her image in the video.
6. Each of the undersigned hereby irrevocably authorizes and grants to the CWF a permanent and unconditional license to copy, copyright, publish, reproduce, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, display, otherwise use, and permit others to use: (a) his or her (and/or his or her child’s) name, image, likeness, and voice, and (b) all photographs, recordings, videotapes, audiovisual materials, writings, statements, and quotations of or by each of the undersigned (collectively, the “Materials”), in any manner, form, or format whatsoever now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to the marketing initiatives of the CWF, without further consent from or payment to each and any one of the undersigned by the CWF.
7. It is understood and agreed that all of the Materials, and all films, audiotapes, videotapes, reproductions, media, plates, negatives, photocopies, data, and electronic and digital copies of the Materials shall become, upon submission for meritorious consideration for the event, and thereafter in perpetuity remain, the sole property of the CWF without further recourse or entitlement by the owner(s) and creator(s) thereof. Each of the undersigned agrees not to contest the rights or authority granted to the CWF hereunder, and each forever releases and discharges the CWF from any claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, or demands whatsoever arising by reason of defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, copyright infringement, or any other personal or property rights from or related to any use of the Materials, including claims brought by the child(ren) or charges for whom the undersigned is expressly taking full responsibility.
8. The undersigned acknowledges and understands that the CWF is under no obligation to use the Materials beyond the purpose of the event, but may do so in its unfettered discretion.
9. The undersigned acknowledges and understands that any member of the general public accessing the CWF website (and those of its affiliates) will in turn have access to the video submitted for consideration. Accordingly, the undersigned expressly authorizes each and every member of the public who views the submitted video to download, print and otherwise reproduce the video, whether for personal or classroom/educational purposes.
10. The undersigned, having read all of the terms of the event, and this Release in particular, and having no further questions or concerns regarding either the event or this Release, hereby irrevocably releases CWF from any and all liability flowing from all aspects whatsoever of the undersigned’s participation in the event (and the participation of those for whom the undersigned is responsible).
11. The representations in this Release are true and accurate and are given on the understanding and acknowledgement that they will be relied upon by CWF.
If you accept each and every one of the foregoing terms and are ready to submit your Water’s Worth It! video, click here.