Big Batty Halloween Contest
The bat signal has been activated!! But this time, it’s the bats who need OUR help. CWF and WILDLIFE ACOUSTICS are offering you a way to get actively involved in bat monitoring in your area through our BIG BATTY HALLOWEEN CONTEST – your chance to win a bat monitoring gadget fit for a superhero: THE ECHO METER TOUCH!
If you’re into scary stories, you don’t want to miss out on a wild tale that echoes the fear factor you’d find in a Hollywood horror flick! We’re talking about White-nose syndrome which is affecting three species of bats and spreading across North America, threatening entire populations of these creatures!
- "Once upon a time, a tourist visiting a new country unknowingly brings with them a foreign fungus that rapidly spreads throughout North America. This infectious contaminant wipes out populations, and researchers think it can lead to species extinctions..."
Carve a Wild Pumpkin!
Choose from a boo-tiful bat, spooky spider, a howling wolf or our very own mascot.
- Boo-tiful Bat
- Sneaky Bat
- Leathery Seaturtle
- Wicked Widow Spider
- Howling Wolf
- Canadian Wildlife Federation Logo
It’s easy to use one of CWF’s templates to carve a cutting-edge Jack-o’-lantern, just follow these simple instructions.
- Click on your favorite template link above.
- Print the PDF that opens in your browser.
- Cut a hole in your pumpkin on the top, big enough to get your hand in there.
- Scoop out all the stuff in the pumpkin — this part is messy so have fun!
- Pin or tape your template/pattern to your pumpkin.
- Use an awl or pen to poke small holes along the black edge of the shape.
- Remove the paper and, using a knife, cut along the small holes you made.
- Drop a flashlight in your pumpkin and take a look in the dark!
After creating the spookiest, most unique Jack o’ Lantern on the street, why not create a snack the whole family can enjoy with this recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds.
The year’s most frightful night is rapidly approaching and CWF is offering you some spooky treats to help celebrate!