By Stephanie Bonner
Don’t traipse along without purpose! Get a mission and carry it out! We’ve got five activities you can do along your walk—for wildlife and for yourself.
1. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Cleaning up the pollution in your neighbourhood is an ideal way to clean up—don’t forget a bag and gloves!
2. Feed the birds. Get out sunflower seeds, peanuts and more; hold out your hand and wait. Before you know it, the birds will be flocking to you for tasty treats.
3. Keep your eyes peeled! You never know when a wildlife encounter will unfold! Share your stories with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Get snap happy! We’re always looking for the latest and greatest wildlife pictures for CWF’s By Popular Vote Monthly Photo Contest. You never know, the next best photo op might be around the bend. Take pictures—by popular vote.
5. Boost your heart rate as you hit the trails. Push yourself to go that much farther down the trail and explore your neighbourhood. Just don’t miss out on the scenery around you!