FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE_ In partnership with Parks Canada, the Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) is pleased to welcome international students to a Learn to Camp program in Rouge National Urban Park. The special event is part of CWF’s Great Canadian Campout initiative.
- When: Wednesday, July 27 from 11 am – 2 pm
- Where: Reeser North Welcome Centre and Bob Hunter Memorial Park, Markham
- Who: About 23 elementary students and 23 high school students from international education services of the York Region District School Board are participating in the Learn to Camp program. The students are attending the Summer English Language Academy. Many of these students are from China.
- What: At this special event, CWF and Parks Canada will share camping experiences such as hiking, setting up a tent and making s’mores with English Language Learners as part of CWF’s Great Canadian Campout initiative.
- Why: CWF is encouraging everyone to get outdoors this summer and enjoy an “in tents” experience. Visit GreatCanadianCampout.ca to register your commitment to camp and receive a free guide to Canada’s greatest hikes from Canadian Wildlife magazine. Environmental tips, a multilingual learn to camp guide and ultimate camper and s’more contests are featured on the Great Canadian Campout website.
CWF is pleased to help introduce international students to Park’s Canada’s wonderful Learn to Camp program. Camping is one of the ultimate Canadian experiences and a great way to connect to nature.
Rick Bates, CEO of CWF
About the Canadian Wildlife Federation:
The Canadian Wildlife Federation is dedicated to fostering awareness and appreciation of our natural world. By spreading knowledge of human impacts on the environment, sponsoring research, promoting the sustainable use of natural resources, recommending legislative changes and co-operating with like-minded partners, CWF encourages a future in which Canadians can live in harmony with nature. Visit CanadianWildlifeFederation.ca for more information.
Heather Robison, Media and Community Relations, email@example.com: 1-877-599-5777 x 212
Jeffrey Sinibaldi, Public Relations and Communications Officer, Rouge National Urban Park
Parks Canada, Government of Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org / 647-271-8189
Artwork and promotional videos are available at GreatCanadianCampout.ca.