Moose and Weasel Pals
Who will care for the future of Canada’s species at risk? The next generation, of course. It’s so important that we inspire our youth to care. Ask your students to open up their hearts and minds to featuring an endangered Canadian species. This department must include the following elements about one animal:
- The basics: a point-form list of details about the species appearance, size, habitat and habits (about a half-dozen points)
- Why is it endangered: a short, approximately 100-word paragraph summarizing why the species is threatened.
- How it’s doing: a short, approximately 25-50 paragraph summarizing the official federal and/or provincial status of the species (at risk, threatened, endangered, etc)
- What you can do: a short, approximately 50-word paragraph that speaks to what youngsters aged 5 to 12 can personally do to help the species — this can be specific and/or generic.
- Misc. facts: Please include 3 to 6 misc. facts of interest about the species you’re focusing on.