For our Valentine’s Day edition of Take Five we’re showing you some inspirational wildlife videos that will give you that warm and fuzzy feeling all over! As worries of habitats dwindling, climates changing and threatened species increase, we wanted to take a moment and share some beautiful stories of hope and happiness happening all over the world. Celebrate love and friendship, as these animal companions brighten your day and warm your heart!
- The Odd Couple — At the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee, most elephants roaming the land develop friendships and spend their days together. However, an unlikely friendship blossomed for one elephant. Watch this incredibly endearing video of true friendship between an elephant and a dog.
- Best Buds — This popular video is of two best friends enjoying the spotlight at the Vancouver Aquarium as they float together one sunny afternoon. Through their display of love and friendship, these two sea otters continue to gain online popularity, as more and more people watch this cuddly, cute video!
- Tiger and Monkey — At an Indonesian zoo, tiger cubs and baby orangutans discover the fun they can have with one another. Far before the politics of their adult lives dictate their allies and enemies, these endangered species have become friends — demonstrating that sometimes anything is possible.
- Caring Parents — Omni is a 3-month-old rhinoceros calf who was abandoned by his mother and found by local rangers. While the absence of his mother is unfortunate, this little rhino isn’t alone! He has the rangers to help him grow stronger everyday, as well as another friend by his side, little Digby the warthog. Watch as Digby shares his youth with Omni and together they share a much needed bond!
- Bambi and Thumper — This video has been documented by a wildlife photographer named Randy who noticed a very unusual friendship developing in his own backyard between a local rabbit and a baby deer! With a watchful eye and a camera in hand, Randy was able to capture the playful and caring friendship blossoming between these two incredible species!
Share the love! If you liked these videos, forward your edition of Wildlife Update to friends and family!