Q & A
- Mississauga, Ontario
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- Currently I’m very passionate about waste management, and how can we as consumers live more minimally and sustainably.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- My biggest hope is to absorb as much as I can, and to be able to learn from the team and the environment through all stages of the program. I am especially excited to immerse myself in shaping what conservation looks like and means to me, and what role I play in conserving Earth’s integrity.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- I’ve always had an affinity for the outdoors. Growing up in the suburbs, I resorted to local parks and conservancies as a place for peace, ease and stillness. Conservation means a lot to me, because I’ve seen the way nature connectedness can change lives.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- Jane Goodall. Jane’s story has resonated tenfold with me. Her curiosity, passion and bravery to wholeheartedly live a life of deeply rooted adventure and authenticity has always been a source of inspiration to me.
My Experience So Far