Q & A
- Sackville, New Brunswick
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- Marine and coastal conservation has always been extremely important to me as I grew up on the East Coast and have able to see the effects of pollution on wildlife first hand.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- My expectations are that the adventure may be physically challenging but I am up for the task. I always feel fulfilled after a full day of hiking/canoeing, not to mention it’s a wonderful opportunity to observe wildlife.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- My father inspired me to care about conservation. As an individual with a First Nations background, he always emphasized the connection that humans have to nature and vice versa – describing it as a network of interconnected beings.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- It would have to be Dian Fossey, a member of Dr. Louis Leakey’s “Trimates” and leading primatologist with studied Mountain Gorillas in Africa. I was impressed by her fierce advocacy for Mountain Gorilla conservation as well as her selflessness and devotion.
My Experience So Far