Q & A
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- I’d say forestry and forest ecosystem conservation are the biggest ones for me, although I’m also interested in sustainable renewable energy and wetland conservation.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- I expect to learn a lot more about conservation, but to be able to apply that knowledge in a practical way. I’m also expecting to face a lot of things I may be unfamiliar with, but I’m excited to experience the journey.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- My parents mostly. We have camped as a family since I was a baby, so I’ve always had a strong connection with the outdoors. They’re also environmentalists themselves, so I learned about how to treat the wilderness with respect at a young age.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- Probably David Suzuki. He’s been a figure that I’ve admired since I was a child, and I think it would be really interesting to pick his brain on the future of the environment and to learn more about his perspective.
My Experience So Far