Q & A
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- I believe the conservation issue that is closest to my heart is that of the effect of climate change on developing communities. In every country – including our own – certain communities are more at risk from climate change. Proper conservation of their land and the resources they rely on is crucial.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- I’m going in with an open mind and open spirit, but I imagine I will learn a lot about conservation in a much more hands-on manner than ever before, as well as learn about myself and what I see for myself as a future career.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- I’ve always been really passionate about the environment, from a young age I knew I wanted to do something that would help our planet – which is why I chose to study Environmental Sciences. I loved it from the very first class and knew it was the right field for me. I don’t think I can pinpoint a specific thing or person as it’s just something I was always drawn
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- I would say Jane Goodall. I had the wonderful opportunity to listen to Jane speak when she came to my university a couple of years ago. Listening to her speak of her experiences and her projects was so inspirational. I can only image what it would be like to sit across from her and have a one-on-one conversation.
My Experience So Far