- Victoria, BC
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- Conservation of the ocean’s coral reefs will always be close to my heart. Upon moving to the west coast of British Columbia and working on the water every day, I fell in love with local cetacean species. I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to spread awareness and observe members of J, K and L pod that make up the Southern Resident Killer Whale population that is now critically endangered.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- I’m expecting to learn and gain practical and hands on experience in a different province. I am excited to meet like-minded people and to push myself to do things I haven’t done before.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- My great Aunt Isabel. As a young child she would send my family National Geographic magazines for birthdays and holidays. Growing up I admired the rows of yellow that lined our bookshelves. She was a world traveler and had a great love for nature and respect for all species.
My Experience So Far