Q & A
Dominique Mieguim Mgninpogni
- Brampton, ON via Cameroon, South Africa
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- I wish to assess the environmental threats on aquatic biodiversity and propose restoration methods based on skilled field studies in order to optimize its management and conservation.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- By participating in this adventure, I expect to learn as much as possible about the threats to Canadian biodiversity. Above all, I want to be able to bring practical/visible solutions that will have a significant impact on their conservation.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- My interest in conservation has been strong since childhood. I would often go to a nearby pond in the evening to observe the little fish and snails in it.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world and have tea or coffee, who would it be? And why?
- It would be Bill Gates, because it was thanks to his multiple donations that I was awarded my first small grant to conduct a survey that aimed to help conserve twelve endangered endemic fish species from Barombi Crater Lake in Cameroon.
My Experience So Far