Q & A
“The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” ~ Robert Swan
- Okotoks, Alberta
- What conservation issue is closest to your heart?
- In Alberta, there is a lot of predator hunting out of fear, disturbance or dislike, as well as not a lot of regulation around inhumane trapping. I would like to help create more awareness around this and the suffering it can cause to wildlife.
- What are you hoping to learn from CCC?
- Make a difference! I have spent a lot of my life so far connecting with nature and learning about the amazing gifts it has to offer. In today’s world there is a growing disconnect between humans and the natural world. What I hope to accomplish through CCC is to gain the knowledge, skills and connections to help create awareness around how the actions of humans can affect the environment: both in a negative and positive light.
- Who/what inspired you to care about conservation?
- Personally seeing the destruction of once pristine environments/wilderness areas.
- How do you plan to make a difference for conservation in the future?
- By learning as much as I can through the CCC and applying it throughout the conservation community in Canada.
This project is funded (in part) by the Government of Canada
In collaboration with