Nature doesn’t disappear when temperatures drop below zero. So join the hunt for buried treasure this winter by using your free iNaturalist Canada app. Download the app for iPhone, Android or computer. Then snap and upload pictures of everything from winter animal tracks to buds, birds, bark and more. You’ll be contributing to a national scientific data base! It’s a winter win/win! Let the search begin.
BENEFITS OF USING YOUR iNATURALIST APP:
- Use the app to record your encounters with other organisms.
- Help scientists and resource managers understand when and where organisms occur.
- Connect with experts who can identify the organisms you observe.
- Find a project that interests you or start your own simply by recording observations.
- Every observation contributes to biodiversity science, from the rarest butterfly to the most common backyard weed!
- Become a “citizen scientist” while learning about nature!