“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago and the next best time is today!” ~ Chinese Proverb
Welcome to Tree Day! Tree Day takes place on the third Wednesday of September every year! Tree Day is a celebration of all the amazing and important benefits trees provide like clean air, soil stabilizations, shelter, food for wildlife and more!
This year at CWF, we started our Tree Day celebrations early with TD Friends of the Environment. As part of TD Tree Days, 46 volunteers came out on Sunday, September 13th and planted 150 trees behind CWF’s head office in Kanata, Ontario. Volunteers from local TD branches, their families, as well as CWF friends and staff worked hard to plant the trees despite the heavy rainfall they encountered! Through mud, rain and slippery puddles, the volunteers persevered. And now, the trees will provide shelter for local wildlife and make CWF’s headquarters a true haven for biodiversity to thrive. Thank you to everyone that came out to make that happen!
Become part of the movement and take part in this year’s Tree Day celebrations:
- Sign the pledge that you’ll plant a tree this fall and share it on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram with the hashtag #TreeDay and tag @CWF_FCF.
- Celebrate Tree Day by symbolically adopting an animal who makes its home in a woodland or forest like the black bear, red fox, and spotted owl. Proceeds help CWF’s habitat conservation efforts.
- Participate in CWF’s By Popular Vote! Monthly Photo Contest. The theme? Tree Day! Submit a picture of your favourite tree or treed area. You can also share it on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram with the hashtag #TreeDay and tag @CWF_FCF.
- Share a picture of an outdoor area with trees that holds a special place in your heart with us on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and hashtag it with #TreeDay
- Download Leafsnap on your iPhone for FREE and start identifying tree species from photographs of their leaves on your outdoor outings. The app was created with the support of TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
- Encounter a plant or wildlife that you can’t identify? Download iNaturalist Canada on your iPhone for FREE and be part of a Canadian Community that will help identify plant and wildlife species.
Happy Tree Day!
Post on your favourite social media channel